Monday, June 7, 2010

Hello! Bonjour! Hola! Whas happn'.........

Welcome to the brand new blog that will showcase two beautiful little girls, Samantha and Olivia.  While Sammy had her very own blog for two years, I felt that it would be easier on all concerned (me....oh, and you, of course!) to access just one blog instead of jumping around to read the other.  Call it a blog mash up.  This will be a look into the meeting of sisters and their coming to terms with each other.  It could get bloody.  With the help of their Mommy on occasion, this will also be a daily look at them for all friends and family to see.  I love reading your comments so don't be shy.  If you like a photo or entry, let us know!  If my mind wanders and I end up making up events (oh, yes, I have!) or the beginning of Alzheimers sets in, let me know!  It makes for entertaining reading not only for me but for the others as well.

I am publishing this today, June 7, 2010, the date of Olivia's birth and the girls meeting each other for the very first time.  We have all talked to Sammy about this occasion and she understands as much as any little two year old can.  Which means, not at all.  Sammy just thinks Mommy got really fat and she keeps telling me her tummy is called Olivia.  Fine, change the word from belly to Olivia, I don't care.  I'm two.  I still use diapers and I can't dress myself.

Since I'm writing this in advance of the actual delivery, I'm warning you now that the first of the photos will be blurry.  Not because I use a crappy camera.  It's because my eyes will be blurry watching these two little ones and itching to hold the latest, greatest addition to the family.  You will get to see so many of the 'firsts' in little Olivia's life, just like you did with Sammy's.  With Mommy's help (and maybe Nana's) the first few days and weeks will be immortalized including meeting the family, the family pets, going home, poo-ing, and mostly sleeping while Sammy pets her.

SO, sit back and enjoy these future memories.

Mimi

P.S.  Yes, I will be changing the masthead photo just as soon as I get a photo of the two girls together.  But I am a sucker for reference humor.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! "So...What's new?" You're so clever! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete